Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm back (but groggy)

After a wonderful family trip to Japan with my husband and daughter and our former next door neighbors of seventeen years, I'm back and (I wish) raring to go. I do have to say that since I don't deal well with jet lag, it'll probably be a few more days before I'm up to speed.

Thank goodness Japanese food is healthy, because I ate and ate and ate, throwing all caution to the wind. However, I did make up for this a bit with a walk in Hibiya Park in Tokyo, and also took advantage of the fitness center at the Westin Hotel in Kyoto, where I rode the exercise bike, did some gentle working out with weights, and even swam a few laps. This seems to have paid off--miracle of miracles, my scale here at home says I'm exactly the same weight as I was when I left three weeks ago.

Vacation can be a bonanza, as long as one doesn't pig out too much. Walking every day to tour around is certainly much more active than my sedentary occupation as a writer!

Tomorrow I have my first session in almost a month with my personal trainer. I'll let you all know how it goes. I sure hope my muscles haven't turned to jelly.

And I hope you're doing well with your own diet and exercise goals.

xo, and ciao for now,

Rita

No comments: